2013年9月17日火曜日

調子に乗って


高校(1 年生)時代の交換日記から

Ted: 1951 年 12 月 15 日(土)雪、16 日(日)雪、17 日(月)晴れ

 General Winter has come with great violence. Yesterday, we had a power failure, and it forced us to live a primitive life in the evening. I tried with my mother to play twenty questions and quiz games like those of Tonchi-kyōshistu broadcast by the radio. However, she was soon caught by Morpheus and kept just sleep talking.

 I was defeated.
What am I saying?
I was defeated.
Who did win?
Of course, the winner was Vicky.
What did she win in?
Our biology teacher, Mr. ASK, said that she was perfect in two exams. Then, he talked about "the method of hard study." Our teacher of Japanese language B, Mr. TKT, also talked about "study for the entrance exam." I need to make a firm resolution.

 Snow looks like cream on a cake. The color of the sky seems to give one such a pleasure that one may get when one feels to be alive. However, I don't deserve to get it now.
 調子に乗って sentimental feeling を書き始めようとしている。ただでさえ難解なぼくの日記に、英語でそういうことを書いたら、Sam をいっそう困らせることになりそうだ。

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿